A career is more than just a source of income. It’s a huge part of our daily lives, and so it’s safe to say that choosing a new career shouldn’t be done on impulse, nor is it easy. That’s why we’ve compiled a valuable list of tips and things to consider when trying to find the ideal profession.
Are you in the middle of a job hunt? It’s time to seriously consider getting an edge on your competitors in the job market. If you’re trying to apply for a job, it’s high time that you invest in yourself. ResumeService24 has the best resume writers, who’ve created numerous resumes for all sorts of professionals across industries. And, it’s affordable. A polished resume can be the key to new opportunities.
Moving on, here’s our list of pointers on finding the right career:
1. Ask Yourself First
This is the most crucial step. For job-seekers who are completely new to the market, or veterans seeking change, knowing what you want to do and what you don’t want to do can save you some pain. Try to be as authentic as possible.
- What’s the most important factor to you?
- Why do you want to do this job?
- Is financial stability a bigger priority than any other factor?
- Do you want to be in a job that involves being around other people or do you want to work in a field where you spend more time with yourself?
- What are the elements in a job that you want to avoid?
- What is a career that you could be happy and fulfilled with?
Planning ahead and asking ourselves important questions will help us achieve more clarity in our hunt for a new career and new opportunities. It’s important not to stray from what really matters, and depending on present circumstances, that’s vastly different for everybody.
Take some time to reflect. Job-seekers should note down their answers if needed so they can re-read them if they have to come back to them. Remember to not rush or pressure yourself. Genuine answers can usually only be found when stress is low.
2. Take An Aptitude Test
Career aptitude tests can help all kinds of professionals. They’re pretty self-explanatory. Aptitude tests scope the individual’s personality, work motivations, temperament, etc. to find a career that is fitting on a psychological level.
Here are some examples of tests anyone can take online:
- MBTI: This is a psychology test based on Carl Jung’s work. It categorizes people into one of the 16 personality types and is quite expansive. It gives great and insightful information on a person. When answering the questions, remember to stay as honest as possible.
- 12 Jungian Archetypes: There’s another test based on Carl Jung, and it’s the twelve archetypes. It’s a very interesting, detailed, and usually accurate test on what drives a person in their life. We highly recommend trying it out.
- PathSource: A phone application designed to help adults make the next step in their professional life. It analyzes your personality, income expectations, and personal issues to get a full scope on the individual. What’s more, is that they provide around 3000 interview videos of industry insiders across various fields. Definitely worth a try.
3. List And Write The Options
Taking notes is a great way to introduce order to your thoughts. A simple but ultimately helpful activity on choosing a new career is to list out existing career ideas. Professionals can get creative and organize their options from jobs they really want to do, to less ideal ones.
Take a notepad, or open a Word document. It can be surprising how much clarity one can get by writing down what they already have in their heads.
4. Work Style
Finding a fitting career might be a bit confusing at first, but it can be a smoother sail if you consider the following:
- Freelance: As a freelancer, job-seekers can provide their services for multiple companies at the same time, if they want. It offers a flexibility that traditional contracts might fall short on. However, establishing an online presence as a freelancer takes patience and effort. Would you want to be a self-employed freelancer or go on to a more traditional route?
- Remote/ Non-remote: Consider if you prefer to work from anywhere, or if you want an established office.
- Entrepreneurial/Team-spirited: For professionals who find it difficult to see themselves working in a group or under someone, perhaps you are an entrepreneur at heart. This is crucial to identify because it is directly tied to long-term happiness in a career. For those who are team-spirited and don’t mind working for an existing organization that aligns with their interests, consider finding one.
- Challenging/ Supportive: What’s your ideal work environment? Job-seekers should consider if they thrive in a challenging and competitive environment, or if they’d prefer being in a social, supportive, and friendly environment. Usually, this will help you narrow down your options.
5. Don’t Stress
We understand that finding a new job is a very stressful endeavor, and even more so when you’re not sure what you want to do. However, stress helps nobody, and in fact, just gives the majority of individuals tunnel vision.
It’s important to make important life decisions when in a good mental state. Rushing, stressing, and being too hard on yourself will only make everything much more difficult. Take a deep breath, get some rest if needed, and brainstorm away.
When it comes to finding the right career, it can boil down to trusting your gut and intuition and being persistent in your search. Also, as cliché as it sounds, following your heart is always a good thing. Of course, we know that not everyone has the privilege to follow a career that they really want. But everyone deserves a chance to be in a career that won’t drive them miserable or burn them out.
We hope this article will help our readers out in making a decision and a step forward in their professional endeavors.
- How Do I Delete My Career History On Seek?
- How Do I Set Up A Job Bank In Canada?
- How To Throw An Alley Oop In 2k15 Ps4?
- How To Throw An Alley Oop In 2k15 Ps4?
- 7 Pros and Cons of Choosing a Marketing Major
- How You Can Take Your Career To The Next Level With Microsoft MS-100 Certification Exam
- How To Dunk In Nba 2k11 Xbox 360?
- How Do I Delete My Career One Account?
- How Math Problem Solving Skills Help Workers in the IT Sector
- How To See Links Youve Clicked On Instagram 2021?