7 best software apps and resources for video blogging success
Over the years, blogging has significantly improved. At the very beginning, it was all about writing down your thoughts and sharing experiences. Nowadays, it is more than plain text – bloggers can publish images and videos, start conversations, and engage the audience in lots of other ways.
Blogging allows you to share ideas and make a profit online, not depending on your age, gender, and background. And if you are on this page, you probably want to find out about the recent trend – video blogs or simply vlogs. Read our article further to learn more about the video software and other instruments needed to become a successful video blogger!
The software you can use
Vlogging is not only about sharing beautiful Balinese sunsets or recipes of your granny’s apple pie. It involves numerous stages, from planning the plot to using pc video software for post-production. Below, you will find 7 tools for creating a great video blog from scratch.
1. Google Trends and other SEO instruments
To become a successful video blogger, you need to understand what the audience wants to see. And with the help of Google Trends, you can do this quickly and easily. It collects and analyzes search queries across the world and organizes them in convenient charts. For many years, it has remained one of the most useful blogger tools that allows you to be aware of the latest trends and requests. Other SEO instruments you can consider are Keyword Tool, SEMrush, SEO Chat, and Ubersuggest. If you don’t have time for search engine optimization, we recommend hiring an SEO specialist.
With the help of this free webcam recorder, you can record videos of the highest quality. Movavi records sounds and screens on the desktop, edits files, and converts them in literally any format. The process is secure and encrypted, and there are no recording time limitations. Even if you have never recorded a webcam before, be sure that with this instrument, everything’s very simple:
- Open Movavi
- Activate your microphone if needed
- Record your web camera
- Save the file and share it via any required medium
3. Hatchful for logo making
It is impossible to find a popular blogger who doesn’t have a distinguishing logo. It makes a positive first impression and helps to build a personal brand. Luckily, there are lots of tools that help with creating high-resolution logos quickly and free of charge.
For example, Hatchful. It doesn’t require any skills in design and can be used both by individuals and businesses. Hatchful is free to use and offers hundreds of logo templates for multiple industries. After choosing a template, you can customize it the way you want: change colors and fonts, add icons, and switch elements.
If you want something more advanced, try out Adobe Illustrator for $20.99/month or Logo Maker Pro that has a $59.99 one-time fee.
4. Transcribing software
Industry analysts say that transcriptions improve user experience and increase engagement. Plus, they allow reaching audiences in foreign countries. Fortunately, it is easy to find free video software of high accuracy. Those who need a 99% success guarantee should turn for manual transcription. Here are some of the instruments you can use: Descript, Transcribe, Trint, and OTranscribe.
Small videos make the textual content more interactive, familiarize the audience with the channel, and can be a great source of information for those who can’t stand lengthy videos. With the help of this intro maker, you can choose from thousands of templates, personalize them with colors and fonts, and even add audio tracks. The monthly fee is $14.95 and yearly – $89.69.
At the moment, Vimeo has more than 230 million users and allows creating, operating, and distributing videos. It helps all types of users: from individuals to small businesses and enterprises in such industries as fitness, education, real estate, finance, and many others. Vimeo also allows monetizing videos with ease. They offer four packages and a 30-days free trial period:
- Plus: 5GB per week, one user. $7/month
- Pro: 20GB per week, 3 users. $20/month
- Business: no weekly limits, 10 users. $50/month
- Premium: no limits + live streaming. $75/month
For a great result, a video app for recording, editing, and transcribing is not enough. You also need a platform where to add, store, and publish videos. If, for some reason, social media and YouTube are not for you, pay attention to WordPress. It is a great instrument for those who want to have a functional and good-looking blog and don’t mind figuring out how everything works from the inside. Plus, its basic package is free from any charges.
WordPress is suitable for content makers, not depending on the goal. Whether you are willing to start a website like YouTube or send funny family videos to distant relatives, be sure that this tool will take care of everything. Thanks to hundreds of add-ons and plugins, it is extremely easy to customize and share videos.
Equipment for bloggers
It is a common misconception that to make your videos shine, you need pricy equipment. In fact, many successful bloggers record videos on their smartphones. Considering that the latest devices allow 4K pictures, there is no need for traditional cameras. But if you still want to take this hobby to a completely new level, you might need the following equipment:
- Digital cameras for those who have an outdated smartphone or prefer good-old cameras. The price starts at $100 and can reach $1000 for professional GoPro, Canon, or Nikon models.
- External lenses for smartphones. They cost less than $10 and allow taking clearer pictures without the need to purchase separate cameras.
- Tripods that allow stabilizing the picture. There’s nothing more annoying than a shaking image as if you are in the epicenter of an earthquake.
- Microphone. Sharing your message clearly is very important, so we don’t recommend skimping on this equipment item.
- Lightning. Very often, natural light is not enough, and to make a professional video, you need artificial sources.
- Green screen. If you want to add special effects to the video background, you might need a green screen. It doesn’t cost much and can be purchased both online and offline.
Fortunately, this equipment comes in hundreds or even thousands of variations, and you can choose the one which suits your needs and budget.
After watching interesting vlogs on YouTube or other platforms, many users decide to start a channel of their own. They romanticize the process and think that it’s quite easy: just record something and share it with the audience. But as you see from the above, to succeed, it is necessary to have the proper equipment and learn how to use Movavi, Vimeo, WordPress, and other instruments. But the good news is that everything’s possible if you really want it.
- How To Easily Edit A Video On Your Own?
- How To Add Subtitles To A Video On Iphone?
- How To Put 2 Videos Together On Instagram?
- How Do I Log Into Amazon Chime?
- How To Split A Video Into Two Parts On Iphone?
- How To Combine 2 Videos On Instagram?
- How To Combine Video Clips On Instagram?
- How To Download Video On Tiktok Without Watermark?
- How To Download Video On Tiktok Without Watermark?
- 4 Must-have Video Editing Apps For Android?