There are a few things to know and consider when implementing a crm system. Lets review and discuss the facts.
Stages of CRM system implementation
- Decide which system you need
There are industry-specific and universal CRM startups systems on the market that are suitable for any type of business and include basic functions to optimize work with clients.
A universal system is enough to attract a person to the first purchase. However, in order to retain the buyer and build a long-term relationship with him, it is important to take into account the peculiarities of his behavior in a particular niche.
- Form a team to implement CRM
The CRM implementation team should have employees who can clearly define what the company needs a CRM platform for: find out what data and functions the business lacks, as well as prescribe pain points, jambs and difficulties that CRM will eliminate.
The business leader, the head of the sales department and the heads of those departments that will be affected by automation must be involved in the process. Include influencers across departments as needed. They know all the practical nuances of work and can become a good example for other employees to make the transition to a CRM system easy and painless. For start-up companies, we recommend inviting an expert with experience in implementing CRM in your niche.
- Define KPIs
Be clear about what you want from a CRM system:
- increase sales and increase customer loyalty;
- increase the average check;
- expand the client base;
- optimize the work of managers by speeding up the processing of the application.
Then, even before the implementation of the CRM system, calculate your current indicators (how many out of 100 leads lead to a deal; cost of an average check; monthly increase in customer base and time to process an application).
- Calculate your budget
In addition to the payment for the program itself, there may also be separate costs for its implementation and revision. Please note that the total cost of connecting a CRM system may include:
- Modification of the system for your special needs. For example, if you have chosen a universal package, but realized that some functions are still missing. To do this, you can use your own IT department, hire freelancers or CRM developers;
- System Setup. If you have a complex product (for example, corporate IT solutions), then CRM setup requires certain competencies, therefore it is often sold as a separate service of the program developer;
- Integration with additional services. For example, with a mail client, telephony, analytical services, cash register equipment;
- The number of users. Calculate the exact number of employees that you will connect to the CRM system so as not to overpay for unnecessary jobs.
- Start setting up the platform
The most energy-consuming and time-consuming process, which involves not only the technical implementation of new software and training of employees, but also the psychological transition of the team from notebooks and tables in Excel to a multi-level complex automation system.
Ready-made CRM systems for business
So that you do not spend hours understanding the difference between dozens of solutions on the CRM market, we have collected the most popular free crm for small business in the CIS countries.
- Bitrix 24
This cloud-based CRM system resembles a corporate network, suitable for companies with a large staff and hierarchy. A nice bonus is a free package with which you can start getting to know CRM.
A good solution for small and medium businesses. At your service there is a convenient interface in Russian, many integrations and additional solutions. In addition, the developers delight with constant improvements and improvements to the system.