Family members have the option of requesting that an Instagram account of a loved person be deleted. To be able to do so, the family members must present a death certificate and other proof showing that the person is an immediate family member of the deceased person.
What do you do with an Instagram account when someone dies?
An account may be removed by the owner of the account or an authorized executor of the will. To be able to delete the account you need to submit proof of identification.
How do you report a dead Instagram account?
We need proof of death, please contact us if you’d like to report an account for remembrance. To commemorate a user, we need proof of death, such as a link to an obituary or news story. Please keep in mind that we are unable to give them back their login information.
How many reports does it take to delete an Instagram account?
Instagram can and will delete a user’s account for good cause such as abuse or when a user violates rules such as “Do not break policy”.
How long does Instagram wait to delete an inactive account?
According to social media data, Instagram will remove inactive user accounts after one to two years of inactivity.
Does Instagram delete dead accounts?
When Instagram decided to implement the inactive account policy, it found that it was actually a very successful move to keep users engaged and keep the app relevant.
- Does Facebook Delete Accounts Of Deceased?
- How Do I Report A Deceased Person On Linkedin?
- How Does Facebook Know Someone Has Died?
- How Do You Close A Deceased Email Account?
- What Happens To A Gmail Account When Someone Dies?
- How Do You Delete A Linkedin Account For A Deceased Person?
- Can You Take An Inactive Instagram Username?
- What Happens To Your Linkedin Account When You Die?
- How Do I Report A Deceased Person’s Facebook Account?
- How To Delete Google Family Link App?