Sims is an EA Sports life social simulation video game designed by Will Wright and developed by Maxis. Sims 4 is the fourth series in the Sims video game.
The game series mimics human life using created characters (or Sims) passing through seven life stages: baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, and elder.
Fitting these characters into the player’s storyline will require some editing. This editing enables you to change the features of your Sims, ranging from appearance to emotions.
How To Edit Sims In Sims 4
To edit Sims (or character) in Sims 4, you’ll first install the Sims 4 cheat (full edit mode). This Cheat will enable you to make all necessary changes to your Sims. Once you have installed the Cheat, you can edit Sims in Sims 4 according to the steps below.
- Start the game, and press the Control, Shift and C keys at the same time on the keyboard. The cheat menu will appear on the screen.
- On the visible bar on the screen, type “testingcheats true,” and then the command, “cas.fulleditmode”. Finally, click on the Enter button on your keyboard for the changes to take effect.
- Now that you’ve enabled the Sims 4 CAS Cheat click on the Sim and hold the shift button to edit it.
- Click on the option “Edit in CAS” to edit it.
For Xbox One:
- To access the cheat console, hold down the L1, L2, R1, and R2 cases.
- When your cheat console appears on the screen, type “testingcheats true.” Then, click on the selection key on your joystick to affect the cheats feature in your game.
- Now, reopen the cheat console, type “cas.fulleditmode,” and hit the selection button on your joystick.
- To close the cheat console, you’ll need to go through the process of pressing all the button combinations again.
- Now that you’ve enabled the Sims 4 Total edit mode, cheat, press your B and A buttons simultaneously on your Xbox controller, and then choose the “modify in CAS.”
For PS4 and PS5:
- To enable the cheat function, press the R1, R2, L1 and L2 keys on your controller at the same time.
- Once the cheat console appears, click on the X key on the controller and type, “testingcheats true,” and hit the X key again.
- Now, type in the command “cas. fulleditmode” to activate the cheats function. Close the console.
- To edit a Sim, simultaneously press the O and X buttons on your dual shock controller. This action will expose the “modify in CAS.”
You can change their mustache, eye color, or whatever feature you wish to change. Remember to save your changes after editing.
It’s one thing to edit a Sim, but what’s more interesting is that you can create your own Sim. Let’s explore this in the next section.
Creating A Sim In Sims 4
Although creating a new Sim is more tedious than editing an existing one, you’ll find more satisfaction in your brand new creation. There are several options to modify.
You can put your name at the top-left corner of the screen. You can choose any first name of your choice (it doesn’t matter), but your last name matters a lot and must tally with that of a character in the game to show your relationship with that character.
This can be chosen at the top-left menu. It’s essential to select gender as it determines what kind of relationship you can have with other characters, how you are perceived, and the type of clothes you wear.
You need to give your Sim an age. Note that as the game progresses, the Sim also ages until it dies.
This includes various aspects such as physical appearance, facial features, colors, and clothes for all occasions. You have a wide assortment of options to determine your character’s appearance.
Walking style and voice:
You can give your character your desired voice texture and walking style on the top-left menu.
Others include aspirations, traits, and households.
Other Applications Of The Sims 4 Full Edit Mode Cheat
Apart from modifying your game characters, the Cheat also enables you to carry out specific actions. Here are some steps you can perform.
If a player is on the ground, press the Shift+click key to teleport them to any location in the game.
You can also decide the location of your character’s travel. Finally, your player appears in the desired location without moving their feet.
You can completely clear the mailbox by holding the shift key and clicking on your mailbox. This feature becomes useful if you have a full mailbox and can’t attend to all of them on time. You can use this cheat code to empty your mailbox to let other emails come in.
This cheat code lets you change the things around you to whichever way you want them.
You can change white to black, fix broken items, customize objects, and do whatever you want. For example, you can adjust the setting of an object to its default mode by holding the thing and pressing the shift key on your keyboard.
This feature is best for content creators who have a specific way they want things to be and look to fit their storyline.
Work on the Sims:
Sims 4 “Create a Sim” edit mode cheat allows you to change the mood of your Sim or make them a part of any family. Although their inheritance details and names are unchangeable, you can alter other things.
The Sims 4 CAS full edit mode cheat when enabled is automatically in default mode. The implication is that if you restart the game, you wouldn’t need to start all over again. However, before you can begin a game, you must type, “testing cheats true” on your PC or console.
Installing The Sims 4 On Your PC
To play the game on your PC, you’d need the Sims 4 game and Origin, a game-playing client. So even if you buy the game disc, you’ll still need to install this app in order to play it.
However, for the game to work on Windows 10, 8, or 7, your hardware must meet basic requirements, which are:
- Recommended RAM is 4GB, but 2GB can still work.
- 9GB of disk space
- For an onboard graphics card, it must be a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Turion 64×2 processor. However, if it’s a different graphics card, an Internet Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4000+ processor will do.
To download Sims 4, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Origin website in your web browser, and click on download under “Windows.” The Origin setup file will download on your PC.
- In your PC’s Downloads folder, double-click on the file named “OriginThinSetup.exe.”
- You’ll see it written in a box, “Install Origin.” Click on it to reveal a list of install options.
- Choose the install options you want and click on “Continue.” To be sure of the behavior of Origin, check and uncheck the boxes. When the download completes, a pop-up window will appear.
- Next, click on the pop-up, and it will lead you to the next phase, the EA sign-in screen.
- Log in to your EA games account. Once logged in, you’ll have access to the Origin dashboard that allows you to download all the games you want.
- If you don’t have an EA account, click on the “Create an Account” box, and follow the procedure.
The next step is helpful for those who have purchased their Sims 4. If you haven’t, skip to the next step. If you have, continue with this step.
- Install Sims 4 using an already existing product code. To do this, click on the Origin menu. Then click on the “Redeem Product Code.”
Sims 4 comes with a product code, whether in disc or online version. If you have a disk, you’ll find the product code is inside the box. If it’s online, it will be in the confirmation email.
- Now you’ve gotten the number, enter it into the system. Now, click “Next.”
- It’s now time to install the Sims 4 disc, and if you don’t do that, you’ll receive a prompt to download it online. Follow the instructions you will see on your screen to install Sims 4.
This step tells you how to purchase the Sims 4 game online. So if you already have it, skip to the next step.
- To install Sims, you need to download the game from Origin. Enter Sims 4 in the search bar and then press return.
There are other packs available that you don’t want, so be careful to click on the one that only says, “Sims 4”. Then, click on “Get the Game.”
- Select a subscription or “Buy now” to pay the fee. Follow the instructions given to complete this purchase process.
- You’ll find your downloaded game in your “Start Menu” or your “My Game Library” section of the origin app. You can start playing your games through any of these channels.
Sims 4 is the fourth release of EA Sports life simulation video game Sims. The Sims game simulates human endeavor at different life stages, from childhood to adulthood. Every player will want to have their characters with a unique identity that conforms to the desired storyline.
Achieving this will require editing an existing character and modifying certain features to obtain the desired result. These features range from physical appearance to emotional tendencies.
Editing a Sim or character is possible, but you’ll need to install the Sim cheat. Then, run it and follow the instructions described in the article.