The tape measure is among several tools that have been in use for many years. Unlike other tools, the tape measure has undergone very few modifications. However, technology has had a way of enhancing many tools, including tape measures.
Modern tape measures have digital features that have improved their accuracy, functionality, and ease of use. Laser tape measures, for instance, can measure a longer distance, and it is traction-free. It is also easier to see the measurements on a digital screen, and it is capable of storing past measurements and doing calculations.
If you wish to buy a digital tape measure and you are not sure which one to purchase, you are in luck because this article will help you settle for the best digital tape measure. We have reviewed eight brands for you, and we have pointed out their pros and cons. We also have a buyer’s guide towards the end of the article to help you make an informed decision.
Read on for intensive information on digital tapes that will help you make an informed decision.
The Best Rated Digital Laser Measuring Tapes
Top 8 Best Digital Tape Measure Reviews
eTape16 ET 16.75-dB-RP Digital Tape Measure is among the best digital tape measures because it has a screen that enables you to read the measurements easier. However, this tape measure does not have a built-in laser. The display on this tape measure is large enough, making it easy to read. This digital tape measure can store the latest measurements both for s short time and for a long time. This tape measure can convert standard measurements to metric measurements. It also has a polycarbonate case that guarantees durability.
Although the large screen and easy-to-read font display are a catch for this tape measure, it has a few things that you might not like about it. For instance, this tool is expensive as far are the features it has are concerned. Also, the reading may not be too accurate, especially in a case where you pull out the tape too quickly. You do not have to worry about connecting this tape measure to an electric source because it uses dry lithium cells that can be replaced after their power runs out.
- Display Screen– has a screen that displays the length that the tape has achieved during measurement.
- Memory storage– this tape measure can store the latest reading even for a long time. To save the measurements, you only need to tap on the button.
- Polycarbonate plastic– This plastic cover is durable, waterproof, and offers a rugged appearance.
- Easily readable display
- US/Metric conversion
- Simple to use
- Can show inaccurate readings
- Lacks laser
The Ontel measure king is a 3-in-1 measure capable of measuring surfaces of different shapes and sizes. In addition, Measure King has innovative features that make measuring more accessible, faster, and more effective. The traditional tape measures can only measure straight surfaces. The three measuring modes of this digital measuring tape guarantees you the most accurate measurements.
The roll mode allows you to measure curved surfaces and surfaces and objects that have an irregular shape. All you need to do is measure such surfaces is to roll the wheel on the surface. With the flex mode, you can measure around objects, so you no longer need to worry about wrinkled metals that result in inaccurate results. Finally, the laser mode is best for hard-to-reach surfaces where all you need to do is point and measure.
- Easy to read digital display- the display makes it easy for you to see the readings.
- 3 measuring modes-With the three modes, it is possible to measure different shapes and sizes.
- Uses 4 AAA batteries- the batteries do not come with the new tape measure digital.
- Perfect for measuring furniture, rooms, different home and professional projects
- It has three working modes
- Digital display
- Uses Lithium batteries
- It can produce faulty measures if not used well
The Dtape Laser Tape Measure is another digital tape measure with a digital display and traditional measuring tape included. With this tape measure, you can easily read the measurements of your object without wearing your glasses since the display is quite clear and large enough. This article has transformed the way tape measures work by having three modes that you can use to determine your measurements. You do not need to worry about the nature of your surface, project, or object because this tape measure has it all figured out.
The tape measure incorporates the string mode, ultrasonic mode, and roller wheel mode. Therefore, you can be sure that you will get the measurement you need, no matter the size and shape of the surface. The roller wheel comes in handy when you want to measure a circular surface. You do not have to strain the tape measure folding it to get results. All you need to do is roll the wheel over the surface and look at the results displayed. The ultrasonic and string mode helps you achieve measurements in curved surfaces and in hard-to-reach areas.
- Durable and beautiful cover– the cover ensures that your tape measure is durable and aesthetically appealing.
- Digital screen display– with the digital display, it is easy to read the results without straining your eyes.
- Three working modes– surfaces differ. That is why this tape measure has to incorporate three working modes to measure multiple surfaces despite their shape, size, and accessibility.
- Three working modes
- Has the laser
- Digital screen display
- Can result in inaccurate measurements
4. Digital Tape Measure, 5m(16ft) Electronic Measuring Tape Portable Woodworking Ruler with LCD Display
The Walfront 5m (16ft) Electronic Measuring Tape Portable Woodworking Ruler with LCD Display is among our list of the best digital tape measure that suits the price. This laser tape measure also includes the old-fashion tape. The laser of this tape can measure up to 5 meters with an accuracy of 1mm. The tape measure has excellent retraction due to its texture. The tool has a nice size that can easily fit in your pocket. It also has a lanyard that makes it easy to carry.
However, you might need to replace the batteries of this tape measure quite often because it consumes a lot of power to show the display and use the laser measurement.
- Sufficient flexibility– the tape has enough flexibility making it durable since it cannot break. It is also durable, offers high precision, and resistant to corrosion.
- Precise scales– The tape measure produces accurate laser scales that can measure up to a range of 1mm.
- Data storage– with the ability to hold data, you do not need to note everything down immediately you take the measure. Instead, you can refer to the stored data when it is convenient.
- Digital display– the tap measure shows an intuitive digital display that is easy to read, making your work easier.
- Laser technology
- Data holding feature
- Two working modes
- Lanyard for carrying
- Accurate measurements
- Batteries can run out quickly if you don’t switch the tape measure off.
The TickTockTools Digital Tape Measure is among the top-rated digital tape measures that boast several features that make it reliable, durable, and flexible. Unlike most digital tape measures, this tape measure does not incorporate lithium batteries, so you can keep working without worrying about replacing batteries in the middle of your work. Furthermore, this tape measure is a three-in-one tool that enables you to take measurements in different places, including places that are hard to access. It is also waterproof to use in the rain comfortably, and you do not have to panic when it accidentally falls in the water.
The tool will automatically shut off to save power after it has stayed for 30 seconds of inactivity. You do not need to doubt the results you achieve because this tape measure shows an accurate and easy-to-read display. If you have any work projects, furniture, or other things that you want to measure, worry no more; this tape measure perfectly fits such tasks.
- Roll mode- the role mode is suitable for measuring irregular objects and curved surfaces.
- Flex cord– the flex code is suitable for taking measurements around objects.
- Laser mode– The laser mode comes in handy when you need to take measurements of distant places and surfaces that are hard to reach.
- The Led display has a black background that makes it easy to read the measurements even when you are not in a well-lit place.
- Standard to metric conversion
- Three working modes for different surfaces
- LED display
- Accurate results
- The tool might go off due to low power.
The BeiXun Measuring Tape is among the most popular digital tape measures that are designed to make your work easier, faster, and more accurate. This tape measure features a rather large and easy to read digital display. Additionally, this digital measuring tool has advanced, smart technology that automatically powers down after 30 seconds of inactivity. This comes as a great feature, as most times in the middle of measuring you’re distracted by other tasks. Automatic power down means one less thing to worry about and a great way to save battery.
The tape measure has an automatic forward blade lock making it steady enough for you to read the measurements. This device has both inches and metric measures; therefore, you can choose the best unit you need to use for your project.
- Impact-resistant rubber– the tape measure is made from strong rubber that protects the tape measure from any damage.
- Stop button– the stop button helps you hold the blade in place once you have achieved the measurement you need. This way, you will find it easy and convenient to read the measurements.
- Clear readings– the measurements are marked to make it easy for you to read them. In addition, the spraying tech and the material used for the blade are durable, corrosion-resistant, and cannot fade to ensure that you get instant readings at all times.
- Zero end hook movements– this end moves according to how you need it to move, enabling you to achieve accurate outside and inside movements.
- Easy to use
- It doesn’t need any power
- Accurate results
- A little bulkier than other options from our list
The Prexiso 2 in 1 digital tape measure invention has helped many people have an easy time performing hectic tasks and projects that need accurate measurements and an easy-to-use tool. With such a tape measure, you will enjoy taking measurements since you will be able to do it fast, comfortably, and in one attempt. When using some tape measures that do not meet the user’s needs, your work can become more complicated and challenging. With this laser tape measure, you will find measuring more enjoyable and convenient over time.
The tape measure has two working modes; a traditional tape measure that measures up to a distance of 16 feet, and a laser measurement that reaches as far as a 135 feet. The 2-in-1 option is great, because in the event you mistakenly forget to put the digital tape measure on the charger (a very common mistake before charging your tape measure becomes a habit), you at least have an alternate option of obtaining your measurements. Sure, it’s the old traditional way, but at least you can still be productive haha.
- Aluminum alloy material-This guarantees the tape measure durability and free form damage.
- Lacks lithium battery– the measuring tape has a port for charging. Ensure that it has enough power before embarking on your project.
- Lifespan– this tape measure can stand up to 8000 measurements.
- Two hours charging time- you only need to charge the 180mAh battery for two hours, and you will be ready to go.
- Instant calculations– the tape measure can show length measurements, continuous measurement, volume, areas, and many more other calculations.
- Can do instant calculations
- Two modes of measurement
- Sufficient battery capacity that is easy and fast to charge.
- Can produce inaccurate results
You might have been a victim to tape measures that get stuck, get exposed to corrosion, and wrinkle when you twist them to achieve an accurate result. Digital tape measures have enhanced features, and that is why they have overcome these experiences to be the talk of town. The Meterk laser tape measure is among the most innovative and best digital tape measure. It’s known for being user friendly, durable, convenient, and reliable. This tape measure ensures that you enjoy working on your project, obtaining accurate results, and in turn means the laser tape measure serves its purpose well.
Steel is vulnerable to corrosion. However, the steel blade of this device will never get corroded because it is nylon coated to enhance not only it’s look, but also it’s durability. The tape measure also has a dura grip rubber to ensure that you find it easy and comfortable to handle while working on your projects. The digital measuring tape also comes equipped with a easy to use, quick-release bottom strip that draws the measuring tape back into the tapes housing.
- Nylon coated steel blade– the nylon coated blade gives the steel blade a beautiful, shiny appearance while preventing the blade from damage like corrosion. The nylon-coated steel blade is also friendly to your hands as compared to steel blades without a coat.
- Durability– the tape measure has a long life span, and you can use it for ages before it ages away.
- Good quality materials– The tape measure has been carefully made using high-quality materials that have undergone several tests to ensure optimum performance.
- Quality materials
- Easy to use
- The laser has a difficult time on uneven surfaces
Best Digital tape Measure Buying Guide
After going through the best digital tape measure review, you can still be confused about which one you should purchase. As much as we may not give you a straight answer because that choice solely lies with you, we will help you know the important parts you will consider when choosing digital tape measures.
Laser Tapes and Non –Laser Tapes
One of the most outstanding features that you will notice is two types of digital tape measures. There are laser and non-laser tape measures.
Laser Tape Measures
Digital tape measures with an inbuilt laser always have a class 2 laser that can take measurements of up to 16 feet. This technology incorporates the innovation of using reflections and time to show the measurement of the surface. However, the accuracy of laser measurements highly relies on the quality of the interior features. Laser tape measures have a digital display to show the results.
Non-laser Tape Measures
Non-laser digital tape measures do not have laser technology. With this kind of tape measure, you will measure your surfaces as you would when using standard tape measures. However, some on-laser digital tape measures will display the measurements you have achieved on a digital display. It is easier to read the measurement on a screen than reading on a tape.
Some digital tape measures lack both laser technology and digital display, but they have enhanced features that make tape measure work easy, fast and convenient.
Accuracy of the Class 2 Laser
Aside from the internal features that affect the quality of lesser measurements, do not use this feature alone to dismiss a tape measure. It is worth noting that different factors affect the quality of the laser accuracy, including the sun, smoke, fog, and dust as well. When using the laser under bright sunlight, you will end up dealing with a malfunctioning laser.
Several laser and non-laser tape measures can help calculate measurements. For example, some tape measures can help you find the volume, area, and Pythagoras.
How accurate are digital tape measures?
Different tape measures have different degrees of quality, starting from the quality of materials to the incorporated features. However, the NIST handbook states that a six-foot-long tape that people mostly use for commerce can achieve an accuracy of up to 1/32 of an inch. Therefore, the digital tape measures have the possibility of being inaccurate.
What are the best tape measures?
There are no best tape measures that will suit the needs of everyone. People’s needs and preferences vary, so determining the best tape measure depends on the kind of project you would like to undertake. However, you should always ensure that the tape measure you decide to buy will be easy to use, provide accurate results, and is durable.
What is a digital tape measure?
Digital tape measures are tape measures with additional features that you cannot find on standard tape measures. Among the most popular digital tape measures are inbuilt laser technology, an LED screen displaying the results, and power buttons that secure the tape.
Are laser tape measures any good?
Laser tape measures come with great importance. When using a laser tape measure, you can measure places that are hard to reach without going through so much hassle. The laser tape measures are also easy to use since you only have to point and read the results.
Can I use my phone as a measuring tape?
A Google AR app called ‘Measure’ enables you to use your android phone as a measuring tape. Using the app is quite straightforward. To use the app, first launch the measure app, point the camera of your phone to an object, pick two points that you need to measure the distance between them.
We believe that you are now equipped with a lot of information about the best digital tape measures, and you are in a better position to choose the tool that appeals to you the most. Since you know the features, pros, and cons of different tape measures that we have looked at, you will find it easy to narrow down the options you have to make an informed decision. You can also consider the price and the ratings associated with the products and make an informed choice as to which digital tape measure suits your needs best.