The suitable old wired PS3 controller just won’t cut it anymore. They are unresponsive, uncomfortable, and sometimes you might find the cord tying up every time you try to store it after your game play. However, choosing the best PS3 controller can be confusing since the market is bustling with a wide range of variants.
Speaking of wireless technology, Bluetooth PS3 controllers are increasingly common. They’re a safe place to begin as they work best on contemporary PlayStations. With audio jack support, they give an immersive experience and low learning curves. Dualshock3 PS3 controllers with motion control support have even taken this experience a notch higher by letting players feel every hit, shake, or push when gaming.
In this review, we’re going to show you 10 excellent PS3 controllers that incorporate the latest technologies and classic designs for top-notch efficiency.
Top 10 Best PS3 Controller Reviews
A rock-solid build, reliable software, interactive buttons, plain black aesthetics, and compact body are only a few qualities that merit this PS3 controller at the top of our PS3 controller review. The way the buttons click and twitch effortlessly at a press is more magical. If you’re looking for a pro-gamer controller that doesn’t exhibit much flex, then here is the best PS3 controller. Save for its apt pressure control and motion sensor, and this device will let you strike, compress, defend, or attack without having to worry about wrong tactile feedback.
Gaming with a wireless controller that senses whenever you tilt, shake, or push is a perfect way to bring reality to PS3 gaming. Well, this device by Kolopc makes the whole experience even more compelling by adding hand vibration and double-shock to the mix. It supports up to 6-axis movements–you can move your players or targets effortlessly along axial, horizontal, and diagonal lines with fluid motion.
- Ergonomic design: The controller can fit perfectly in your palms. The controls and buttons allow you to play for a long time without your hands straining comfortably. You can buy it as a gift for your relative or friend.
- Rechargeable battery: thanks to the lithium battery, which allows you to have a great time on your PlayStation. Amazingly, when the battery runs out of power, you can continue playing using the charging cables.
- 6-axis support: the device is equipped with 6-axis support with a pressure sensor to detect and respond to moves quickly you make on the controller
- It offers every quality you may look for in a PS3 remote
- Affordable than other options on the market
- Wireless remote works perfectly within a range of up to 2 meters
- It turns off automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity.
If you’re a staunch PS3 player who prefers the current designs of X-BOX controllers, then JAMSWALL is your definite fit. This PS3 controller is not quite complicated, nor is it expensive, yet its design incorporates some extra features that make it stand out. It has a double-shock response function so expect it to be more robust at exciting your thumbs. Besides, it also comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is way bigger and longer-lasting than your topical controllers. But even with all these, the controller still keeps a cap on its size, remaining compact and ergonomic.
JAMSWALL is a great pick when looking for a new PS3 controller with intuitive USB connectivity and wireless connection support. You can connect it to both the X-BOX or PS3 without compromising data transfer efficiency and immersive user experience. It also uses high sensitive motion control support and pressure sensors to offer a high-end Microsoft controller.
- Double vibration and shock: it comes with pressure sensors to detect and respond to each action that you make on the controller. You can feel hit, tilt, and crash with a hand-vibrating shock response.
- Wireless Bluetooth control: thanks to the wireless transmission technology, protects your data from loss and signal interference. Additionally, the Bluetooth connection prevents delays and lags.
- Ergonomic design: This controller is designed to fit any gamers’ hands and prevent you from getting tired after a long time playing.
- Rechargeable lithium battery: you don’t need to worry about the battery running low because you can connect a USB cable and continue playing.
- Six-axis motion control offers fluid control
- Play wireless with up to four friends
- Large capacity battery built ideal for use off-grid
- Minimalist design with no off-putting brand logo
- A bit flaky when using the wire support
Whether you’re a curious newbie, middle-level gamer, or elite nerd, this PS3 controller will tingle your palms and give you an immersive experience comparable to none. Once seated at your preferred angle, plug in the jack included in the package and choose your favorite music for your game.
Press the touchpad at the front; it will open up limitless features to start you off. Add the dual analog stick should you want to keep your engagement with playable characters more intense.
The OUBANG PS3 controller is optimized with the latest sensor technology, so you shouldn’t worry about hitting your keys more than twice when moving, pressing, tackling, or passing. Equally, the buttons are high-sensitive with precise control settings to add, making this device effective for both elites and beginners.
The bliss of using the OUBANG PS3 controller lies in its ergonomic design and two glamorous color options. It fits perfectly into the palm for improved accuracy when making critical navigation moves. Even more importantly, the dual-vibration technology allows you to feel every crash, explosion, hit, press, and swing your players make around the pitch.
- Double vibration: the device is designed with pressure sensors to allow you to detect and respond to each action on the controller. You can feel every hit, explosion, and crash with a hand vibrating double shock response.
- Precise control: the controller button layout is made with an excellent dual analog joystick design. Besides, it is highly sensitive with reduced response time and improved accuracy.
- Lithium battery: the device features a built-in 600 mAh lithium battery. You only need to charge it for 2 hours and enjoy your game for 6-8 hours. If the power runs out, you only need a USB charging cable to power up and continue playing.
- The audio jack enables you to enjoy music from a tertiary source
- The graffiti imagery adds to its external appeal
- Optimized gamepad that rumbles effortlessly without applying intense pressure
- It doesn’t feel exactly like the original PS3 controller.
Nothing beats the feeling of paying with a vintage-styled PS3 controller that is solid black. Getting an additional thumbstick for an alternative use when the wireless connection ceases to function is half the battle. This device by Kujian includes the two qualities for wireless, engaging, hustle-free, and high-performance gameplay. The dual vibration and six-axis support make it an ideal choice when looking for the best PS3 controller that is easy to control. Plus, it guarantees an immersive experience you need to win, even in a professional game.
2-electric motors are included in the controller to bring a lot of customization to this device, making it a perfect choice for beginners. There are also extra buttons on the body for more enhanced grips so that you won’t worry about the device slipping in the middle of your game. In addition are a rechargeable 450 mAh lithium-ion battery and a USB cable charging support.
- Rechargeable lithium battery: the device is equipped with a built-in 600 mAh battery. Amazingly, you can use this PS3 wireless controller for about 8-10 hours. It ensures you have a great time playing with your friends.
- Ergonomic design: thanks to its classic design and lightweight construction, which makes you play for hours without getting tired. Additionally, it fits perfectly on the palms, giving a better feel, control, and great experience. It is ideal for children, friends, and relatives.
- Pressure sensors: the PS3 controller comes with a sensitive motion control system making the game more realistic. You can feel each hit, crash, and explosion hence feeling excitement while playing your games.
- The joystick has a good weight on them.
- A low learning curve makes it perfect for beginners
- Buttons have an excellent feel and do not slip
- Ergonomic shape makes it fit perfectly in the palm
- When wired, the tabs may rumble randomly
This PS3 wireless controller by TATECH is a fantastic gamepad that the brand released as an improved version of its previous classic series. It includes tweaks in design, control, response, and overall functionality, so expect it to be a massive plus on value for bucks. The grips on the TATECH PS3 wireless controller feel great. The triggers offer a satisfying pull, and the Bluetooth and USB connectivity guarantee efficient data exchange.
The only downside is that the battery’s lifespan is a bit low, that is, if you compare it with releases in its caliber. The attributing factor may be double shock support and high-end motion control. A single charge will last you less than six hours but expect 12 hours of battery life in standby mode. Some other exemplary features that make this device a top choice include an ergonomic design and a red hue. However, you can customize its appeal to your desire whenever you intend.
- Wireless connection: with wireless transmission technology, you are data protected from loss or signal loss. In addition, the Bluetooth connection ensures no lags and delays.
- Dual vibration motors: the controller has a built-in 6-axis and dual shock, making the game more realistic. You can feel each move with a hand-vibrating double shock response. It is ideal for racing, fighting, shooting, and sports games.
- Upgrade buttons and analog sticks: the device is designed with high sensibility and accuracy buttons to help you experience better games. Besides, it has premium analog sticks and 360 degrees positioning to ensure accuracy.
- Relatively cheaper than most variants on the market
- Compact and sturdy build that last years
- It connects faster without any extra reboots mid-game
- Battery life a bit lower
Solid black and devoid of any unnecessary brand logo, this PS3 controller by Skillen is your top priority when simplicity is your primary consideration. It lets you participate in more realistic gameplay since you can feel every hit, push, and tilt from shock response. It also works best when gaming as a team with up to four friends, so you can get to share family fun or play with your buddies.
That’s not all; this device is priceless when looking for a robust Bluetooth connection that won’t make your gaming character lag. It deters natural movement that you don’t intend to add for more fluid and precise interactive play. When gaming, you may think that the device is a natural extension of your body. You can recharge the battery through the USB plug. Once full, play non-stop for 5 to 7 hours without worrying about another recharge.
- Motion-sensing system: the ps3 controller comes with sensors to detect and respond to each player’s move in real-time and precise control.
- Dual shock technology: thanks to the built-in double vibration, which provides a great play experience. You can feel the rumble of each hit, crash, and explosion in your hands.
- Ergonomic design handles: it comes with a classic shape controller to ensure your palms fit comfortably. Its buttons and controls prevent hand strain after a long time of gameplay.
- Come with two analog sticks for high-impact games.
- It offers high-performance gaming that is more interactive
- It has a low learning curve hence ideal for beginners
- The manual includes two thumb grips for slip-free gaming
- The feel doesn’t match that of the original PS3 controller.
Enjoy the light elegance of the FORWARD Wireless Controller, and the supreme feel it comes with to jazz your game up. You don’t have to use the plain, ancient-styled controllers anymore. This device comes in a sparkling mix of black, gold, yellow, orange, and grey colors with graffiti for a glamorous body that will invigorate your gaming moods. The FORWARD controller sits nicely in the palm and weighs only a few pounds. You won’t go wrong with it if you’re searching for a lightweight pad worth the whole day of gaming.
It’s no surprise that this suitable PS3 controller comes with both dual vibration and a shock function. As an elite series that competes with other premium devices in the market, it leverages the power of 2 electric motors that makes every hit, fall, swing, press, and tackle more realistic. It also senses intuitive motion, making it easy to precisely control your players with both presses of the buttons and tilts. Added to the wireless connection, 400mAh rechargeable battery, USB connectivity, and compact package it comes with, this device is the perfect gift for your gamer kids.
- Ergonomic design: thanks to its classic shape, which makes it fit your palms perfectly. Plus, it has analog sticks which are responsive and smooth, making you complete challenging games.
- Pressure sensors: the controller has a 6-axis motion control and dual vibration to ensure you detect each movement, making you know you are right in the game. The sensitive motion control system allows you to feel and react to the controller’s tilt, shake, or push.
- Automatic connection: it is equipped with a USB cable to allow you to charge the controller once it runs out of power, and you can continue to play while charging. Thanks to the ps3 Joystick, which will enable you to play games with them in turn.
- Ergonomic design with color additions offer the best appeal
- Durable for hard gaming
- Pleasing feel for long hours of gaming
- Not an original controller
When you redesign your typical DS controller and add some artwork to it, the Puning 2Pack wireless controller is what you get. This device uses the sky and art hues to develop a unique color option that is unique and appealing. Attached to the head of the device is a cord, approximately 2-2 ½ feet long, that is compatible with PlayStation 3. So should the Wifi connectivity fail, you can continue with your games as if nothing happened.
However, the most appealing part is its ergonomic, compact size. This controller is one of the smallest you’ll ever find on the market, yet it comes with high-end pressure sensors and motion detectors. It does everything your premium Microsoft controller that costs double its price would. So you can cut cost corners while still achieving the same functions. Choose this device whenever you’re searching for a highly portable controller that will effortlessly slip inside your vacation or travel bag.
- Rechargeable battery: the controller is designed with a built-in battery that ensures you have enough time to have fun. If the battery runs low, you need to connect to the charger and continue playing.
- Six-axis support: with the highly sensitive motion control system, you can detect and respond to all moves as you tilt, shake and push the controller.
- Double vibration and shock: the device features 2 electronic motors that make each move exciting and realistic. The sensing controls make it the perfect controller for ps3 games.
- A striking aesthetic adds to the immersive experience
- It’s cheaper compared to other variants in the market
- The analog stick is durable and with upgraded qualities
- Also compatible with a PC
- The mini-USB port only accepts devices with equal jacks.
The latest in the TONSUM releases of PS3 lines is probably the best you can ever meet. Well, it makes a lot of sense to splurge on this device since its price is also a steal when you consider the premium features it comes with. CONSUM upgraded this wireless controller and added a few design tweaks for more enhanced immersion when you play. It comes with audio-jack support that lets you listen to any music of your choice as you play. The PS3 joystick enables you to achieve realistic gameplay by using 6-inbuilt sensors and vibration support.
You can enhance the movement and navigation of your players by tilting, pushing and shake the controller. At the same time, Bluetooth support allows for distant navigation. CONSUM controller comes with a rechargeable battery that takes only 2 hours to charge to its fullest. However, a single charge can last you 5-10 hours of uninterrupted gaming, and if there is no active ongoing game, the device goes an automatic sleep mode.
- Rechargeable battery: the device comes with a built-in 400mAh rechargeable battery. It allows you to play for 5-10 hours before running out of power. The controller enters sleep mode to save power if it stays 5 minutes without operation.
- Support 6-axis: with the 6 built-in sensors, you can detect any movement and react as you tilt, push, or shake the controller. The game follows your body movement.
- Wireless connection: with the wireless Bluetooth technology, you can use the device freely without being restricted by the charging cable. Additionally, Bluetooth ensures that your data is not delayed or lost.
- Exemplary battery life that spans 12 hours of a single charge
- The joystick connects immediately and maintains a strong connection
- It comes in custom-color options of your desire
- The analog stick lags, especially when playing Call-of-duty.
Gaming online lets you interact with friends beyond your neighborhood. However, if you’re an intermediate gamer, the chances are high that your standard controller will make you lose a bunch as you’re going to meet more experienced opponents to battle with. Unlock your creativity and enhance your speed of PS3 gaming using this intuitive device from Ceozon. The four programmable buttons will give you an easy start and fluid control of your game, while the less chunky design triggers the feeling of a comfortable fit controller of severe gamers.
Ceozone guarantees apex accuracy under a 360-degrees axial plane. It also comes with high-sensitive motion support and a wireless controller for more realistic gaming. Even better, you will feel each crash, hit, and explosion through the exciting vibration technology. Powered by a 600 mAh battery, this device takes only 3 hours to charge to the fullest and another 12 hours of uninterrupted play. The battery charge will last up to 13-15 days in standby mode, so you should not worry about the device going empty for long weeks of inactivity.
- Ergonomic design: the device is designed to fit perfectly in any gamer’s hands. You will not feel tired after a long time of playing.
- Pressure sensors: with the help of a highly sensitive motion control system, you will sense and detect each move. You will feel the explosion, hit, and crash of the game and have a great playing experience.
- Wireless Bluetooth control: thanks to wireless transmission technology, you won’t interfere with your data. It eliminates any delays and lags.
- High-level accuracy along a 360-degrees axial plane
- Longer battery life that exceeds more than 12 hours
- You can use the joystick to maximize on-screen options
- Ergonomic design
- It turns off automatically mid-game when in standby mode
Best PS3 Controller Buying Guide
Buying a PS3 controller can be a confusing task because of the many devices on the market. You need to choose a gamepad depending on the type of game you want to play. Some devices are pads for specific while others for multiple games. Here are some factors that will help you to choose the best PS3 controller.
Comfort: for maximum comfort, you should consider a PS3 controller with an ergonomic design. It should perfectly fit in gamers’ palms. Make sure you choose one that offers you flexibility.
Motor: Make sure you choose a PS3 controller that comes with dual shock motors to allow you to detect and track each move. You can quickly feel tilt, crash, and explosion and ensure you win the game.
Ergonomic controls: you need to choose a gamepad with better controls to ensure better accuracy. It is essential to invest in one that offers you various options. Besides, purchase a controller with a highly sensitive motion control system.
Easy to use: you need to choose a controller that is easy to operate. The device should be ideal for different types of games. In addition, it should support play and recharge. You can also choose one that features a 360-degree rotating joystick.
Type of game: as mentioned earlier, some gamepads are explicitly designed for specific games, such as racing games and FPs, among others. It is vital to ensure you choose a model that supports your games. Plus, you can have great playtime.
Battery capacity: you need to choose a gaming controller that features a lithium battery with a playtime of about 8-10 hours. Amazingly, you can connect the charging USB while playing until it is fully charged. Ensure you check if the PS3 joystick controller comes with a battery or not.
Transmission range: another factor to keep into consideration is connectivity range. The best controller is equipped with an excellent wireless operating range. Its feature helps reduce eye strain and fatigue since it gives a fantastic viewing experience.
What are the buttons on a PS3 controller?
The controller has four buttons, i.e., triangle, circle, cross, and square. The “circle” means to confirm, the “cross” represents cancel. On the other hand, ” triangle” symbolizes a point of view, and “square” allows you to access the menu.
Can I use a PS3 without a controller?
Yes, you can connect a keyboard and mouse, or smartphone to your PS3. You can connect your keyboard and mouse with either Bluetooth or USB. It allows you to use it instead of regular controllers. Additionally, you can use your smartphone or tablet to control your PS3 remotely.
What does the new PS5 controller look like?
In terms of design, a PS4 controller looks slimmer than DualShock 4. With its DualSense technology, it makes it feel genuinely next-gen. It features a built-in microphone and headphone jack, textured grips on the back, and charges via USB-C.
Does a PS3 remote work on a PS4?
Yes, you need to download PS4 remote play to your computer, then sync your PS3 controller and your settings on your PS4 to enable remote play. Now you can start using your PS4 with a PS3 controller.
Are there different PS3 controllers?
Yes, they include:
- Dualshock 3
- Wireless keypad
- Charging stand
- Logitech Driving Force GT
- Logitech Cordless Precision Controller
Is the Voyee PS3 Controller good?
Yes. It comes with PlayStation compatibility to ensure ultra-accuracy with 360-degree positioning. It also features dual vibration and shock because it has 6-axis technology. Additionally, it offers a playtime of up to 10 hours due to its 450 mAh battery.
Higher sensitivity and compatibility are two crucial concerns when buying the best PS3 controller. Controllers with motion sensors and tilt functions will offer finer control; however, if you want a comfortable gaming experience, an ergonomic and compact device is most likely your best bet. If you choose any model in our review, you’ll be sure to attain a good value for your money.