The year 2020 saw a great deal of global change and numerous firsts. Organizations learned a vital lesson from it as well: always be ready for the unexpected and accept change. Three years down the road, corporations are still adopting this motto as they continue their preparation to build a strong defense system to fend against cyberthreats and attacks that aim to cause financial and reputational harm as well as the potential loss of important data. To do so, organizations must be prepared to deal with the unforeseen, as cyber-attacks occur in a variety of forms and sizes. The key, therefore, is to be resilient.
Therefore, if you are aiming to forge a successful career path in the cybersecurity space and help your organization prepare for cyber resilience, then the CISSP certification can help you excel in cybersecurity and arm you with the knowledge of the best practices, policies, and security measures across a variety of different areas within cybersecurity domain. Enrolling in aCISSP Certification program can help you expedite your CISSP certification journey.
What is cyber resilience?
Cyber resilience is an organization’s capacity to minimize the impact of cybersecurity incidents by deploying and executing suitable security measures, technologies, and processes. Thus, in a nutshell, cyber resilience entails constructing a cyber fort to improve their defenses and protect organizations from cyber-attacks. To manifest cyber resilience, firms should prioritize cybersecurity and implement zero-trust security practices. Establishing organizational resilience in a cybersecurity environment involves anticipating cyberattacks in all circumstances, even those that may not first seem plausible, and offering practical solutions that can help organizations quickly recover from any potential harm. Therefore, obtaining a CISSP certification can assist cybersecurity professionals in becoming adept in putting into practice sound cyber resilient policies, and initiatives, in addition to opening doors to a variety of prospects.
A worldwide renowned credential for cybersecurity experts is the CISSP or Certified Information Systems Security Professional. The International Information System Security Certification Consortium, generally known as (ISC)2, bestows the certification. The certification is made to assess cybersecurity professionals’ knowledge and abilities across the eight domains that make up the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
CISSP domains and exam weightage
- Security and Risk Management 15%
- Asset Security 10%
- Security Architecture and Engineering 13%
- Communication and Network Security 14%
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) 13%
- Security Assessment and Testing 12%
- Security Operations 13%
- Software Development Security 10%
CISSP exam pattern
There are two different CISSP exam formats: CAT and CBT. Four hours are allotted for the CISSP CAT exam, which consists of between 125 and 175 multiple-choice questions. Similar to the CISSP CBT exam, which has 250 multiple-choice questions as well as some challenging, inventive ones, it lasts for approximately 6 hours.
A CISSP training is a comprehensive course that covers a wide variety of topics covered in the certification exam for information security professionals. Important aspects of information systems security covered in the 8 domains are heavily emphasized in the CISSP Certification Training program.
CISSP training is offered in a variety of methods, such as live classes, online courses, practice tests, and so on. Professionals study for the CISSP exam using interactive learning events, study resources, and textbooks.
As cyber security bootcamp candidates, you’ve probably heard that CISSP coverage is extensive, stretching a mile wide and an inch deep. Because the CISSP exam is difficult to pass, the training is likewise difficult. As a result, understanding the fundamental CISSP domains is difficult without sufficient professional supervision and preparation.
Because of this, having at least five years of work experience is the main prerequisite for taking the exam. The ability to work professionally makes it simpler to follow instructions and comprehend fundamental ideas.
ISC2 recommended training paths
(ISC)2 recommends three training paths to choose from based on one’s learning style, which is as follows:
1. CISSP Online self-paced training
The official ISC2 CISSP online adaptive training takes advantage of artificial intelligence to let students tailor their education to meet their unique needs. The experience features engaging study materials, powerful topic-specific search tools, analytics dashboards to monitor your progress, email support, and ongoing course accessibility.
Official training includes the following:
- 180 days of access
- Online Adaptive Learning Journey at Your Own Pace
- Dashboard of data-driven analytics that provides real-time feedback on student progress.
- Strong search functionality to zero down on specific themes
- Digital Textbook
- Knowledge tests
- Sliders to assess confidence in response to questions
- Important Takeaways
- Interactive media
- interactive flashcards online
- Practical Evaluation
- Round the clock chat technical assistance
2. CISSP Online instructor-led training
The CISSP Online Instructor-Led Training blends traditional classroom structure and online study flexibility. The course includes live online instruction from an ISC2 Authorized Instructor who holds the CISSP certification, and the course content corresponds to the exam’s syllabus.
Information security professionals with considerable technical and management expertise and experience are the course’s target audience in order to effectively design, engineer, and manage an organization’s complete security posture.
3. CISSP Classroom-based training
The CISSP Classroom Training is given in a conventional on-site setting with a certified ISC2 instructor and other trainees.
All three courses cover the eight domains of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) and provide an in-depth overview of information systems security concepts as well as best practices for the industry.
Both the ISC2 official online instructor-led and classroom-based training provides the following aspects:
- Access to course materials and recordings for 180 days.
- Student Guide accessibility year-round.
- Applied Scenarios – An ongoing project that spans the entire course in which students take on specific responsibilities and use security ideas to a scenario that CISSPs are likely to come across in the job. Within the course, there are 9 corresponding activities.
- Discussion – Encourage in-depth discussion about a particular subject among the students in the classroom. There are 8 discussion questions that promote interactivity between students.
- Activities – Interactive exercises, reflection questions, and knowledge tests using hypothetical and real-world case studies to illustrate security lapses and other course-related material. Throughout the course, 71 content-specific tasks are provided.
- Quizzes – To gauge understanding of the material covered in each chapter, there is a quiz at the end of each chapter. This course contains 9 quizzes, each of which includes comments.
- Assessment: The course ends with a post-course evaluation intended to confirm the lessons learned and highlight areas requiring more research. 180 questions with feedback are part of the assessment.
Enroll in private online training programs
To gain a comprehensive understanding of the course modules, you can enroll in other digital platforms. The CISSP Certification Training Course by Simplilearn has been ranked as the number one and Best CISSP Certification by Career Karma. This course gives you the in-depth technical and management knowledge and experience you need to successfully design, engineer, and manage the overall security posture of your organization. It is aligned with the most recent (ISC)2 version released in 2023.
In addition, the training provides expertise in areas such as security and risk management, asset security, security architecture and design, cryptography OSI and TCPIP models, IP addresses, network security, identity, and access management, security evaluation and testing, and security for software development.
CISSP Online Study Group
It is a smart idea to join online study groups and discussion forums for the CISSP training since you will have the chance to pick up priceless advice, study tips, and exam-prep tactics from other test takers. It also allows you to review the themes and practice a variety of test papers. It also allows you to revise the topics and practice a variety of test papers.
- Absolute Guide in Succeeding in Microsoft MS-100 Certification Exam
- How do I pass PMP first attempt?
- How many questions are there in CCNA 200-301 2022?
- Lots Of IT Professionals Claim They Succeeded In Cisco 300-435 ENAUTO Through Practice Tests: Here’s How They Did It!
- How You Can Take Your Career To The Next Level With Microsoft MS-100 Certification Exam
- What is best way to pass the CCNP certification exam 350-701?
- What is the best way to get an AWS Associate certificate?
- How Much Does It Cost to Renew A PMP Certificate? Do I Have to Renew My Certificate?
- What Are Benefits Of Getting Cisco CCNA Endorsement? Will Practice Tests Help You Succeed?
- What Are The 4 Nmc Domains?